Pier Luigi Zinzani
University of Bologna, Italy
- Born in Arenzano (GE) 9th March, 1959
- High School Qualification, in 1978
- Graduated in Medicine and Surgery, with honours at the University of Bologna, in 1984
- Obtained the Speciality in Hematology, with honours at the University of Bologna, in 1987.
- Awarded a “Post-Doctoral Fellowship in Medical Oncology” released by the “Roger Williams Cancer Center” of Providence (USA) in 1989.
- Chief of the clinical and translational program of the Lymphoma Unit at the Institute of Hematology and Medical Oncology “L. & A. Seràgnoli” from 1990.
- Member of the Italian Society of Hematology from 1986
- Member of the Italian Society of Experimental Hematology from 1987
- Member of the American Society of Hematology from 1989
- Member of the American Society of Clinical Oncology from 1989
- Associated Professor at the Institute of Hematology and Medical Oncology “L. & A. Seràgnoli”, University of Bologna from November 2002.
- Since 12 November 2018, Full Professor of Hematology at the University of Bologna.
- Served as the principal investigator of more than 180 clinical trials (including phase 1 and 2 studies followed by expansion cohorts) in patients with Hodgkin, non-Hodgkin lymphoma, and chronic lymphocytic leukemia including national and international multicenter studies.
- President of Italian Foundation on Lymphoma (FIL) from November 2013 to November 2015 and now he is a member of the Board of Directors.
- Associate Editor of Annals of Oncology from January 2014 to December 2017 and he acts as a reviewer for journals such as Lancet Oncology, Journal of Clinical Oncology, Blood, Clinical Cancer Research, Cancer, Haematologica, Leukemia & Lymphoma, Leukemia, Clinical Lymphoma Myeloma.
- He has presented his research at more than 450 national and international meetings.
- He has authored over 580 peer-reviewed papers in journals such as New England Journal of Medicine, Blood, Journal of Clinical Oncology, Lancet Oncology, Annals of Oncology, Oncologist, Journal Hematology & Oncology, Haematologica.
- His current research interest includes clinical trial methodology, prognostic factors in NHL, Hodgkin’s disease, chronic lymphocytic leukemia, new drugs development, and hairy cell leukemia.